Friday, December 26, 2014

TOP 10 : My List of the Top 30 EDM Tracks of 2014

First of all,
I hope I'm still not too late, of course, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, 2014 is an amazing year for the EDM Scene. I shall summarize this year as the Big Room Progressive House Future Deep House Year as the tracks are changing and evolving endlessly.

Last year I did a list of My Top 15 EDM Tracks and you can check that list right over:
>HERE<

Please bear in mind this list is extremely difficult to make. If you are a EDM Lover, you will definitely find all EDM tracks addictive and fucking beautiful to listen to, so it is very hard to select just 30 tracks out of all the other amazing tracks that've released this year. So, if your favorite tracks are not in this list, please remember that this is list if solely based on my own personal opinions.

Well, just cut off the craps and head straight to the point shall we?

But before I start off my list, I will rank these tracks according to a few rules down below:
-No vocal edits (Sorry to Koala and Bodytalk)
-No remixes, edits and bootlegs
-Does not include tracks that are not yet released

And here are a few honorable mentions that did not make it into my glorious list:

From left to right in no particular order:
Lush & Simon - In My Hands (ft. Delaney Jane)
ZHU - Faded
Fedde Le Grand & Di-Rect - Where We Belong
Hardwell & Joey Dale - Arcadia (ft. Luciana)
Armin van Buuren & Andrew Rayel - EIFORYA


Well ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the ranking of the year.


30. Fedde Le Grand - Twisted
Right after Fedde's release of "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" in 2006, his fame skyrocketed and has since been a solid DJ in the EDM scene, and this track is fucking bomb!


29. Above & Beyond - We're All We Need (ft. ZoĆ« Johnston)
Hauntingly mesmerizing vocal with that beautiful beat, Above & Beyond always gets it done. #Sun&Moon


28. Urban Contact - Million Questions

MrSuicideSheep brought me here.


27. Mike Mago & Dragonette - Outlines
"I'm looking at your perfect outlines."


26. Galantis - Runaway
Their unique progressive style is what makes them so popular this year. Can't wait to see what can they bring to the scene next year. Do check out their another awesome track "You".


25. Sick Individuals - Wasting Moonlight
The clear example of a track that combines beautiful vocal and fantastic progressive drop.


24. Nicky Romero & Vicetone - Let Me Feel (ft. When We Are Wild)
I have to admit when I first listened to this track, I wasn't very fond of it but right after a few days of repeating it, it grows onto me and it is definitely very beautiful.


23. Gareth Emery -U (ft. Bo Bruce)
Released right at the beginning of this year, I was all hyped when this first came out. Gareth Emery brings the word "Beautiful Trance" to a whole new level.


22. Deadmau5 - Avaritia
Just groove to the fucking beat, Joel is in the fucking mau5 house!


21. Paris Blohm & Taylr Renee - Left Behinds
Taylr Renee's voice is always so fucking powerful and combines with that insane drop, this track is out of this world!


20. Cash Cash - Surrender
Cash Cash is fucking back!


19. R3hab & Deorro - Flashlight
I've said it multiple times and I will say it again, THIS TRACK IS FUCKING AWESOME! I lost count with how many times I've heard it this year during festivals and clubs. And when this track comes up, everyone will fucking go insane! Ahhh, I miss those feelings.


18. Tep No - Lana Del Dre
Can someone tell me what genre is this? Chill progressive step house? This track is so damn addictive.


17. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike & Martin Garrix - Tremor
Probably the biggest big room track of the year, and when this drops in a big stage, I swear everyone jumps insanely! #BANGER


16. Showtek & Ookay - Bouncer
The best Showtek's track from the recent years. Big Room Bounce + Trap is always so damn good. If you dig this kind of stuff, do check out this track too: Marnik - Gladiators.


15. Sander van Doorn, Martin Garrix & DVBBS - Goldskies
Big producers = Big track.


14. KSHMR & DallasK - Burn
KSHMR is love, KSHMR is life, KSHMR is burning bright!


13. Tom Swoon, Paris & Simo - Wait
Tom Swoon always make the most generic progressive drop sounds so special and beautiful. This track is an absolute magic!


12. Michael Calfan - Prelude
I have nothing to say about this stunning track. All I can say is, Michael Calfan's unique style will make him huge one day.

11. Vicetone - United We Dance
Let's rise for the anthem of the year!


10. Julian Jordan - Angels x Demons
Julian Jordan 1 - 0 Martin Garrix


9. DubVision & Feenixpawl - Destination
"Like a flame in my firestation, you are my destination."
Axtone Records is on fire this year!


8. Alesso - Heroes
Alesso's debut album is coming soon next year, buckle up guys!


7. Avicii - The Days
Just when I thought this will be year without Avicii, he then releases this fucking track.
THIS. FUCKING. TRACK. That goosebumping drop near the end of the song and the voice of Robbie Williams, perfection. Do check out "The Nights" as well and I can't wait for his album to drop next year.


6. Deorro - Five Hours
Probably the most unique track of the year, Deorro always has that magical power to make his listeners bounce non-stop to his tracks. Do listen to the vocal version of this track as well.


5. Seven Lions - Don't Leave (ft. Ellie Goulding)
It's a shame I missed out such a great DJ last year along with his amazing track "Strangers". This year he made another masterpiece and has Ellie Goulding as the vocalist. This is sensational.


4. Hardwell - Young Again (ft. Chris Jones)
This is why he is Number 1.


3. Steve Angello, Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman - Payback
Probably the most favored track by the crowds this year. Whenever you ask the question "What do you think is the best track of this year?" You will definitely get the same answers from everyone, "Steve Angello - Payback". This bomb right here is pure progressive house gold.


Okay, the last two tracks are one of the hardest decisions that I've have to make this year.
These two tracks are equally amazing, beautiful and will definitely stay in my heart for a very long time in my life. My body is ready, are you? Let's reveal the final two.


2. Deniz Koyu - To The Sun
This progressive masterpiece deserves way more attention. Axtone Records is just releasing amazing track right after amazing track this year. 


And THE TRACK OF THE YEAR goes to...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


1. Porter Robinson - Sad Machine
I've ran out of words to describe this song.
Just pick up your headset (If you have one), turn up the volume, close your eyes, and indulge yourself in the world of Porter Robinson. For an even better version of this track, click HERE to listen to the album version.



FINALLY!
I'm done with all the rankings this year and 2014 is coming to an end.
My new year's resolution for next year is definitely 1920x1080.
Well, old joke is old.

So guys, that's it, see you all next year and I hope that I can keep this blogging spirit alive.
And let's just sit back and relax, and the EDM scene will be stronger in 2015 and of course many more years to come.
2015 will be a good year.


SO LONG MY FRIENDS!






" Sometimes, it is not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to mind when you hear it. "
-Tiesto
(Trance Legend)






End.

No comments: